WELCOME TO THE NEW FOREVER JEWELS DESIGN STUDIO 8 WEBSITE | +61 7 5532 6253
GET THE RIGHT SIZE FOR YOUR FINGER
Have a look at some of the ways to measure your ring finger below:
Discover the Right Ring Size: A Guide Using String, Paper, and Ruler
When searching for the perfect ring size, understanding the dimensions is crucial. If you're on a quest to find the ideal fit for someone else, the simplest method is to ask directly. However, for those planning a surprise, enlisting the help of friends and family can be a discreet strategy. Women's ring sizes typically range from 3 to 9, with the most common sizes falling between 5 and 7, with 6 being the popular choice. Men's ring sizes vary from 6 to 13, with the majority falling between 8 and 10-½, and size 9 being the most favored. These standard sizes serve as a helpful starting point, but don't worry if you can't find the exact fit – our experts can assist with special orders.
For those who prefer an at-home approach, here are steps to measure your ring size using string, paper, and a ruler:
- Wrap string or paper around the base of your finger.
- Mark where the ends meet with a pen.
- Measure the string or paper with a ruler in millimeters, then divide by 3.14 (Pi) to determine the ring's diameter.
- Refer to the ring size chart and select the closest measurement.
Additional Ring Sizing Tips:
- Measure the inside of an existing ring with a tape measure or use our printable ring sizer.
- Ensure the ring fits comfortably – snug enough to stay in place but loose enough for easy knuckle passage.
- If your knuckle is larger than the base of your finger, measure both areas and choose a size in between.
- Measure your ring size later in the day when your fingers are warmer, as size can vary with temperature and time of day.
- For accuracy, measure your ring size 3 to 4 times.
Wondering what happens during the resizing process?
When resizing a ring, our skilled jewelers adjust the metal to achieve the desired size. This may result in slight thickness changes, although these are typically imperceptible. After resizing, each ring undergoes a thorough cleaning and polishing to ensure it sparkles and fits beautifully.
Concerned about ordering the wrong size?
The best advice we can give you is to pop into our friendly store, or a reputable store near you to have your finger physically measured.
Rings That Can't Be Resized:
Some ring styles, such as diamond and gemstone eternity rings, milgrain or ornate bands, silver rings, or those made with alternative metals like Tungsten, cannot be resized due to their specific designs.